REGISTRATION IS NOW CLOSED
THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO ENTERED.
The Ojai Art Center Literary Branch Announces a Short Story Contest
In celebration of the Art Center’s 80th Anniversary the Literary Branch seeks
submissions with the following guidelines:
• Each story must contain exactly 80 words—no more, no less. Title of piece not included in 80 words.
• Submission Fee: $10 per entry. If you enter one story, it's $10, if two stories it $20.
• Submissions accepted August 15 - September 15
• Two Categories: 17 and younger and 18 years of age and over
(please indicate your category with your submission)
• All entries must in either .doc, .docx or .pdf format
• All entries must be made through the website
A panel of judges will select the winners in each category.
Winners will be announced at an Art Center reception on October 14
at 7 p.m.
First, second and third place winners in each category will receive a cash
prize and will be asked to read their entries at the reception.
Seven honorable mention writers will be chosen in each category, who will
also have the honor of sharing their stories at the reception.
Join in the celebration and share your talent for exact writing!